Art as Provocation - Part 2

I mostly like the artworks that force to think about something and tickle someone’s fancy. I appreciate conceptual art too, but if an artwork doesn’t leave an impression on me, then I am just consuming it. Art can be consumed like everything but it should be different from others. 

I am interested in illustration, so I usually search for good samples. It is rare to encounter deep, meaningful, clever and humorous drawings. 

In my opinion, designers and artist can use power of parody, satire and humor to shape public opinion, advance critical discourse and question boundaries. I want to make people to think about   heavy topics, such as; female body, chubbiness, menstruation with my narrative and provocative style. Parody or satire in art can highlight how ridiculous normality is. We have people trying to normalize these topics, and they are not normal, and satire can open their eyes to that.


On the other hand, there is a controversion in contemporary art. Once a work makes you laugh, it is not always perceived as art. Generally, art is perceived by society as something that should seem beautiful and aesthetic, but I believe it is more powerful when it is disruptive.

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Structure of My Paper

Satire In Art History

The Perception of Beauty