The Female Body and Goddesses

The first reason of why I am interested in women passionately is that I am a woman too. I love being a woman because this is the place that I feel safe and belong myself most.

Exploring for characteristics that female body have such as; menstruation, giving birth and breast-feeding, is raising my awareness about myself and the other women. In my opinion, there is a similarity between balance of nature and female body. The menstruation cycle that we have every month is similar to seasons. Just as in the summer, we are more energetic in the ovulation phase. On the other hand, during the menstruation phase, like winter we become quieter and return to ourselves.


Apart from physical qualities, we also have many particular talents and characteristics. While some of us more warrior, some of us are more in love or the other one is mother or more healer. The elevation of these talents and qualities became the essence of being goddesses. I believe that their rituals; like magic, prayers and dance, inspire us to lighten up our paths. 

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Structure of My Paper

Satire In Art History

Let's Talk About a Taboo: Menstruation