Confession

I thought about menstruation with different concepts and cases in the last week. My purpose was to find a path for creative thinking and writing for the class. 

Menstruation and seasons 
Menstrual synchrony 
Menstruation and holocaust
Menstruation and being a refugee
Menstruation and space (microgravity environment)
Menstrual madness 

Although I liked searching for these new concepts, I realized after Elif Hoca’s feedback that none of them open up my creativity enough to conduct an artistic project. The question was how I can transform my research on menstruation into art… (I would say, drawing is a way of thinking and processing information. The more I draw, I'm sure my ideas will mature.)

Then, I took notes about feelings and notions that awake within me when I think about each concept. 

space (microgravity)
zero
nothingness
emptiness
existence
life
obscureness

holocaust
pressure
violence
strict
harsh
hard
darkness

refugee
movement
new
stress

seasons
balance
transition
loop
rhythmic
continuous

synchrony 
bond
proximity
silent communication

madness
fear
fun


I grouped some of these notions, but I am unable to group the others.


I cannot get anywhere with the idea of menstruation and grouped/ungrouped notions…




Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Structure of My Paper

Satire In Art History

Let's Talk About a Taboo: Menstruation